High call volumes may result in long wait times. Save time – find answers to top call centre questions here.
What’s the easiest way to link my myGov account to the ATO?
- The fastest and easiest way to link your myGov account to the ATO is to go to your myGov account and select ATO from the list of Services. You’ll need your tax file number and details from two tax documents – see Link your myGov account to the ATO.
- If you’re having trouble, try troubleshooting the issue. A common problem is when people enter their tax agent’s bank details (financial institution details) instead of their own. If you can’t link using Questions and Answers, you can phone us for a linking code.
When will my business receive JobKeeper?
- 5 business days – we issue most payments within 5 business days from when you submit your application form.
- It may take longer if we need to run extra checks or you make a mistake on your form.
Am I eligible for JobKeeper payments?
- Check the eligibility criteria for employers and employees.
- Businesses can continue to enrol for JobKeeper until the scheme ends.
- To be reimbursed for payments you have made to employees, you need to enrol and identify your eligible employees before the end of the month you want to claim for.
- For step-by-step instructions, visit JobKeeper guides or contact your registered tax or BAS agent.
When is the monthly declaration due?
- Complete the declaration by the 14th of each month to get reimbursed for payments you made in the previous month.
- Learn how and more at Make a business monthly declaration.
Will I lose JobKeeper if my business turnover improves?
- No. Up until 27 September 2020 you only need to meet the decline in turnover test once to be entitled to JobKeeper.
- For example, if you met all eligibility criteria in March that is enough even if your business recovered in later months.
When will I get my tax refund?
- 12 business days – we aim to process electronically-lodged tax returns within 12 business days.
- It may take longer if we need to run extra checks or you made a mistake in your return.
- You cannot speed up this process, even if you phone us.
- To check the progress of your return, you can
- log into myGovExternal Link, if your account is linked to the ATO
- call our automated self-help phone line on 13 28 61 (choose option 3, then 1) with your TFN handy
- contact your registered tax agent, if you use one.
- Find out what the status of your tax return means, including ‘Balancing account‘, ‘Cancelled‘ and more.
When will I get my early release of super payment?
- 5 business days – once we approve your application, your super fund should pay you within 5 business days.
- It can take longer – if your super fund needs to do more checks.
- If you do not have your payment after 5 days, talk to your super fund.